SHOULDER EXERCISE – How To Do Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Shoulder Press is a wonderful shoulder exercise, also it is ideal for beginners since it is not quite hard to implement. Let’s together with Lift2Fit have a glance at the exercise brief info, tutorials, and some useful tips to answer the question How To Do Dumbbell Shoulder Press.
Type of workout: Strength.
Major muscle group: Shoulders, triceps.
Participated muscle groups: Anterior deltoid, lateral deltoid, upper pectoralis major, serratus anterior, triceps brachii, trapezius.
Tools: cable machine.
Tutorial: ( Quite similar to shoulder exercise – barbell shoulder press)
- Starter position: Sit on the bench with a back support properly, put the dumbbell on the top of your thighs, meanwhile grab the dumbbell tightly by hands.
- Lift the weights over your shoulders one by one, use your thighs to help you push them to that position as you inhale.
- Turn your wrist to keep your palms facing forward.
- Exhale and lift the dumbbells to the top.
After a short pause in the top position, slowly lower down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat in the next reps.
- Remember to have a “back support” if you do not want your back to get injured.
- The lowering time should double the lifting time so your targeted muscle part is focused better.
Watch the video tutorial