SHOULDER EXERCISE – HOW TO DO BARBELL SHRUGS
Have a desire to build up your traps? Then barbell shrugs would definitely be your ideal exercise. Let’s together with Lift2Fit have a glance at the exercise brief info, tutorials, and some useful tips to answer the question How To Do Barbell Shrugs.
Type of workout: Strength.
Major muscle group: Traps.
Participated muscle groups: Deltoid.
- Stand straight, with two arms holding the barbell the width of wider than your shoulders, your palms should face your thigh. This is the starting position.
- Your arms should be fixed, lift the weights up as high as possible by raising your shoulders. Exhale during the process.
- Slowly drop the weights to get back to the starting position. Remember to inhale during the movement.
- Repeat with other reps.
- Try not to use your forearms for lifting weights.
- Focus on using your traps during the exercise.
Watch the video tutorial