SHOULDER EXERCISE – How To Do Barbell Shoulder Press
Who is not into having broad and big shoulders anyway? Barbell Shoulder Press is definitely gonna satisfy your interest thanks to its superior effects on shoulder muscles. Let’s together with Lift2Fit have a glance at the exercise brief info, tutorials, and some useful tips to answer the question How To Do Barbell Shoulder Press.
Type of workout: Strength.
Major muscle group: Shoulders, triceps.
Participated muscle groups: Lateral deltoid, anterior deltoid, triceps brachii, serratus anterior.
Tools: barbell, smith machine or squat rack, lifting belt (optional), bench.
Tutorial: ( Quite similar to shoulder exercise – dumbbell shoulder press)
- Sit on the bench with a back support in a smith machine or squat rack, place the bar just above your head. Grab the bar by hands and keep your palms facing forward.
- Lift the bar up over your head by straightening your arms. After that, keep the bar slightly in front of your head. This is your starting position.
- Inhale and drop the bar slowly to your shoulders.
- Then, lift the bar back to the starting position. Exhale during the process.
- Repeat in the next reps.
- Remember to have a “back support” if you do not want your back to get injured.
- The lowering time should double the lifting time so your targeted muscle part is focused better.
Watch the video tutorial