CHEST EXERCISES – HOW TO DO BARBELL BENCH PRESS
Barbell bench press is known as the most classic and effective chest exercise. Its main functions are to help thicker and broaden your chest effectively. Let’s together with Lift2Fit have a glance at the exercise brief info, tutorials, and some useful tips to answer the question How To Do Barbell Bench Press.
Type of workout: Strength.
Major muscle group: Chest.
Participated muscle groups: Pectoralis, triceps, shoulders.
Tools: Barbell, lifting belt ( optional).
- Lie on the bench, use two hands to grab the barbell with a medium width ( as long as when the barbell is dropped, your arms place parallel to the ground and they together with forearms form 90 degree). Retract your shoulder blades, lift the bar out of the rack using your lats. Additionally, keep the arms straight. This is the starter position.
- Slowly drop the bar until it hits your middle or lower breast. Meanwhile, the bar is dropped, inhale steadily.
- Use your chest muscle to lift the bar and exhale during the process.
- Repeat for the next reps.
- Your shoulder blades must be fixed to stable the process.
- Let your shoulder blades go backward provided that, for example, you are trying to pinch a pencil by them.
- Besides, lower your shoulders and puff out your chest to experience the exercise more effectively.
- Puff out your back as well and keep only your butt on the bench to feel your muscle works.
- The dropping time should double the lifting time.
Watch the video tutorial